Melbourne based Splitrock Studio is seeking an experienced people and business manager to oversee our organisation’s daily operational needs and to assist in creating and optimising our business procedures. You will be a key member of our senior management team, reporting to the CEO.
You will lead our investment in staff and culture, enabling our team to perform at their best, ensuring they have the resources and environment they need to thrive.
You will have a diverse set of operational responsibilities which will require an experienced leader. We support flexible working arrangements and will encourage you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you care about developing people, understand the nuts and bolts of how to grow a business and know how to get things done in an ever-changing environment, we’d love to talk!
What is Splitrock Studio?
We are not an accelerator, we are a team of exceptional individuals that love building products. Our mission is to find smart people and give them the resources they need to grow their own business. Splitrock Studio is currently a team of 11 incredible people, but we're growing fast and need your help! We're backed by the BugHerd team (est. 2011) are self-funded and profitable!
By providing a salary, generous leave policies (including 8 weeks parental leave) and a positive, family-friendly, work culture, we've created a uniquely inclusive environment to enable anyone to start (or join) a startup — without needing to quit their day jobs.
Read more at: https://splitrock.studio/
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Work with the leadership team to set goals for organisational performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Assisting with employee hiring, onboarding and performance management
- Assist CEO in fundraising, legal and financial planning
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Proven experience as COO or relevant operational leadership role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising and/or M&A will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org