In 2011, BugHerd burst on to the scene as one of the up and coming Australian startups. 8 years later, the gloss has worn off a little (and we didn’t quite make the unicorn club), but what is left is a resilient SaaS product that is in the process of completing a remarkable turnaround.
Today BugHerd is profitable and growing strongly with a loyal group of customers and a team of people committed to making BugHerd great.
What you'll do
- Develop our core web application for collecting feedback on websites
- Define and maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Help us prioritise what to build - and what not - based on the potential impact on users and ease of execution.
- Build and ship new features in React
- Improve our legacy feature-set by migrating them from Backbone/jQuery to React
- Mentor a junior Front-end Developer
What we look for
- 5+ years as a Software Developer in a Front-end role
- You have built and shipped web applications
- Experience in deployment and operations (Heroku, AWS)
- Comfortable navigating a mature codebase (Ours is 8+ years!)
- Bonus points for experience with Ruby or a willingness to learn
- Passion to build a product that solves users’ problems
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- 8 weeks of parental leave and flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Family-friendly and committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace
- A competitive salary
- Open to part-time
We are a small team (11 people and growing) with clear targets and lots to get done. We need you to help us transform the future of one of Australia’s early startup successes.
Our software improves communication between stakeholders and development teams. If you empathise with this problem and want to help us solve it while making a discernible impact with your work, we would love to chat.
Please send through applications to email@example.com
(BugHerd is a Splitrock Studio company)